Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Collect samples from inside dog’s cheek
- Mail back in postage-paid envelope.
- Learn your dog’s ancestry.
- Results e-mailed within 2-3 weeks.
If you have ever wondered what the true DNA of your dog is, Mars Veterinary Wisdom Panel produces a DNA test to uncover the unknown. This provides helpful insight into behavioral patterns as well as any proof that a pure breed may or may not exist. The ability to gain this information, especially in mixed breed dogs, helps you to understand what to expect as they age. It also aids in deciphering specific traits and characteristics within your dog. There are no needles to use; a simple swabbing from the interior of your dog’s cheek is all you need. You will then send the sample off for testing and the results are emailed to you within 2 – 3 weeks. The results also provide you with the ancestry of your dog. A detailed report including information as to where each breed type or family member played a role in the development of your specific dog. Over 200 breeds are recognized in the testing system from American Kennel Club listed breeds. Just like a DNA test for humans, the questions you have are able to be answered here. Not only are you able to structure a life that your dog will thrive from, but you can seek the help of behavior classes and proper nutrition needs as well.
Get to know your dog even better with Wisdom Panel™:
- Create a more targeted and effective behavior training plan
- Customize your dog’s diet and nutrition plan according to health needs
- Plan exercise activities that cater to your dog’s natural tendencies
- Address health issues before they become a problem
- Breed Library
- The Wisdom Panel™ Insights Breed Library Detecting 185+ Breeds in a Mixed-Breed Dog.
- Wisdom Panel Insights covers 200+ American Kennel Club (AKC) registered dogs plus eleven additional breeds, most of which are found on the AKC’s Foundation Stock Service List.
- By understanding the various breeds’ traits and histories, you may be able to recognize some of them in your mixed-breed dog.What Will My Dog’s Report Tell Me? Wisdom Panel Insights not only detects the breeds in your dog’s ancestry, it will also model an ancestry chart showing where each breed was likely involved so you can see when the breeds contributed to your dog’s family history!
- Parent: A breed that represents approximately 50% of your dog’s DNA. You are likely to see the most physical and behavioral traits from this breed. Dogs with mixed-breed parents will not have a breed represented at this level.
- Grandparent: A breed that represents approximately 25% of your dog’s DNA. You may see some physical and behavioral traits from this breed. Dogs with a very mixed ancestry may not have a breed represented at this level.
- Great-Grandparent: A breed that represents approximately 12.5% of your dog’s DNA. You are unlikely to see many traits from this breed unless they are dominant.